Popularly known as the honeymooner’s paradise, Maldives is without doubt one of the most romantic places on Earth. The country offers a plethora of couple-friendly experiences for newlyweds like stargazing in the middle of the ocean, private picnic on a deserted island, snorkeling and supervised deep sea diving, sunbathing, and more.
With that being said, Maldives is ideal for family vacations too. If you are interested in spending you next family holidays in Maldives, OVHolidays can make every necessary arrangement on your behalf. More on that later.
Without further ado, here is our list of the top 10 experiences for honeymooning couples in Maldives.
- Bioluminescent Beach, Vaadhoo Island – Right out of a science fiction movie, bioluminescent beaches are a rather uncommon sight, prevalent in only a few select places around the world. The warm waters of tropical Maldives activate the bioluminescent plankton, resulting in a mysterious blue light radiating with every wave breaking down by the beach. Tourists are advised to keep their distance from the beach, as scientists are still contemplating the hazards of physical contact with planktons.
- Diving with Whale Sharks – Popular for spotting whale sharks, tourists can also choose to swim with these gentle giants in the South Ari Atoll. Some of the other common sights include manta rays, stingrays and turtles.
- Whale Submarine Excursion – Maldives is without doubt a haven for deep sea excursion, and what better way to explore the depths of the ocean than a submarine tour. The Whale submarine is the most popular undersea tour in Maldives, and is available between 10 AM and 2 PM every Sunday to Thursday. Tickets are priced at $120 per adult and $60 for children.
- Underwater Treasure Hunting – As you might have noticed by now, there is no dearth of underwater adventure in Maldives. Paradise Island Resort is home to one of Maldives’ geocaches, which offers a unique experience to snorkelers. Guests at the resort can swim with the sharks, manta rays, and a plethora of colorful reef fish, or choose to relax by the beach.
- Windsurfing – Maldives is one of the most popular windsurfing hubs on Earth. Almost every resort can arrange for windsurfing sessions on prior request. Some of the other popular activities include wakeboarding and spearfishing.
- Dolphin Spotting – Counted among the top 5 places on Earth for whale and dolphin spotting, Maldives has over 20 different dolphin species including the acrobatic dolphin and spinner dolphin.
- Explore an Uninhabited Island – Exploring deserted islands is an exciting excursion for honeymooning couples. With over 1,200 coral islands, finding an uninhabited island close to the resort is not a difficult task. Most travel planners can include island hopping in your itinerary. Consulting your destination manager in advance can help optimize the experience.
- Embark on an Aerial Expedition – Flying over the Maldivian archipelago is undoubtedly among the best experiences that you can share with your significant other on your honeymoon. Ask your travel planner to include a seaplane or helicopter ride in your itinerary.
- Sunset Cruise – Perhaps one of the most unconventional cruise experiences on the island. Watch the sunset over the horizon as you welcome the sensual moonlit night. Skygazing is a popular activity on clear nights, and submerge yourself in the beauty of Mother Nature.
- Romantic Spa Therapy – After spending an exhilarating day experiencing the multitude of water sports that Maldives has to offer, unwind with a romantic massage for couples. You will find a spa on every resort throughout Maldives. Opt for all-inclusive packages for the best deals.
OVHolidays is a luxury destination management company specialized in crafting intricate holidays for families, couples or large groups. Visit OVHolidays for the latest offers on Maldives all-inclusive trips. You can also follow is on Instagram and Facebook to stay updated with our latest adventures.