Sometimes you just have to get away from it all and take a fishing vacation. Arguably, there is no better place to do this than in coastal North Carolina.
One of the best ways to enjoy a salt-water fishing vacation in North Carolina is to rent a place on the beach. Check out just what is available for North Carolina coast rentals.
The North Carolina Coast
North Carolina has over 4,000 miles of coastal shoreline. It boasts over 2.5 million acres of marine and estuarine waters. It is midway between the warm southern seas and the cooler north Atlantic. Because of these facts, a myriad of sough-after fish lives in North Carolina’s coastal waters. Anglers from all across the country come the North Carolina to fish.
Favorite Salt-Water Fish in North Carolina
A wide variety of salt-water fish are sought after by anglers. Some of the most popular are:
- Spotted Seatrout. Also known as speckled trout, these fish are great fishers and taste great.
- Striped Bass. Capable of living in salt or freshwater, striped bass are big fighters and fun to catch
- Flounder. Several species of flounder live in the shallow marine and bay waters of North Carolina. They are some of the tastiest fish in the coastal areas.
- Mackerel. These fish are swift swimmers and tend to run in schools.
- Red Drum. Big and brawny, these delicious fish put up a big fight when hooked.
- Black Drum. A darker-colored cousin of the Red Drum, these fish are also great table fare.
What’s nice about the aforementioned species is that they can often be caught from shore. A boat is not needed. Just a place on the beach, some fishing equipment, and some live bait or lures, and you’ll be having a most relaxing vacation on the North Carolina coast.